110 Railroad Street Suite 1
Frankfort NY 13340
Phone: (315) 895-7651 Fax: (315) 894-0921
Codes Officer/ Building Inspector
James Staffo: (315) 271-3674
1. Fill out completely an application for permit (60-90 days in advance whe professional plans are utilized). Application fee must be paid upon submission of application (not granting of permit).
- All professional drawings must have NY State engineer stamp.
2. Proof of ownership of property in question and any deed restrictions.
3. Must have size, use, tax id no. and location of property.
4. If there are any change in plans you must notify the codes office prior to making physical changes.
5. Any Electrical work being performed must have a certificate of compliance from one of the agencies listed below:
- Independent Consolidated Inspection Services, Utica - (315) 735-5233
- New York Board of Fire Underwriters, Syracuse - (315) 463-8552
6. Required insurance (i.e. workers compensation, liability etc.) or required terms that workers compensation insurance is not required by law.
INSPECTIONS REQUIRED BY THE CODES OFFICE
Must call 48 hours in advance for inspections
1. Footings before pouring concrete.
2. Foundations before backfilling.
3. Framing before enclosing.
4. Electrical before enclosing (performed by independent third party inspection agency).
5. Insulation before enclosing.
6. Plumbing before enclosing.
7. Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning before enclosing.
8. Periodic Progress.
9. Final Inspections.
IF WORK I COVERED PRIOR TO PROPER INSPECTION, IT WILL BE AT THE EXPENSE OF THE OWNER TO UNCOVER AND REPAIR THE OWNER OF THE PROPERTY WILL BE RESPONSIBLE TO INSURE ALL INSPECTIONS ARE SIGNED BY THE PROPER INSPECTOR.