Village of Frankfort
Mayor - Frank M Moracco
Village Trustee - Mark R Harris
Village Trustee - Richard Adams
Village Trustee - Anthony Fumarola
Village Trustee - Michael Entwistle
Village Clerk - Karlee Tamburro
Village Treasurer/Deputy Clerk - Doreen Fiorentino
• The 2013 Annual Water Report is available under the Water Department section of his website
• A Budget Workshop will be held on Wednesday, March 12, 2014 at 6:30 p.m. at the Municipal Building 110 Railroad Street, Frankfort.
• A Regular Board Meeting will be held on Thursday, March 20th, 2014 at 6:30 at the Municipal Building, 110 Railroad Street, Frankfort.
• EXPLANATION OF HIGH ELECTRIC BILLS
nearly 20 times the rate it was in early December. Natural gas fuels most generators in New York State and that resulted in record levels for
hadn't been pro-active in securing some lower pricing which saved the Municipal members of New York about 39% or close to $7 million.
bills will begin to return to more normal levels.
• State Assemblyman Atnhony Brindisi is proposing legislation that would create a Career and Technical Education Diploma for New York State high school students. For more information or to electronically sign a petition in support of the new legislation please visit http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/Anthony-J-Brindisi/story/54061
•Follow us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Village-of-Frankfort/540521639343049?ref=br_tf
• For more information please check the Community Events Calendar
• If you didn't see the YNN Your Hometown report click the following link: http://utica-mohawkvalley.ynn.com/content/features/545054/your-hometown--frankfort/
• Does your organization have an event that they would like to promote in the Community Events Calendar? Email me with a description of the event and the dates and times.
Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE OF ADOPTION OF RESOLUTION SUBJECT TO PERMISSIVE REFERENDUM
Notice is Hereby Given that at a regular meeting held on the 20th day of February 2014, the Board of Trustees of the Village of Frankfort, New York the Village duly adopted a resolution, an abstract of which follows, which resolution is subject to a permissive referendum pursuant to Article 9 of the Village Law of the State of New York.
Whereas, the Board of Trustees of the Village of Frankfort, NY the Village deems it necessary to abolish the office of village police justice, said office will cease to exist upon the expiration of the term of justice now in office, June 30th, 2014.
Now, therefore, Be it Resolved, subject to permissive referendum, that, pursuant to the authority granted by Village Law §3-301, the office of Village Justice is hereby abolished for the Village, and be it
Further Resolved, judicial work arising from the abolition will be performed by town justices of the Town of Frankfort, NY
Dated: February 26, 2014
Village of Frankfort
Village Historical Painting
Village of Frankfort Historical Painting
By Jim Parker
Frankfort-New York-Painting Celebrating 150 Years
The painting depicts the Village when the Erie Canal, west Shore Railroad, the Match Factory, and the Balloon Farm were all booming.
Carlotta Meyer was setting world records in her chemical balloons, the matches made in Frankfort were being shipped worldwide, over 400 canal boats were passing through town every 24 hours and the railroad was building a major repair facility on the east end of the Village.
Brick buildings were replacing earlier wooden ones. New homes and churches were going up. Dirt roads were being paved and the citizens were prospering.
From the early Palatine German settlers in the 1720s the population became more ethnic with Irish, Italian, and polish arriving to build the new Erie Canal, the railroads, and the newly developing agricultural tool factories.
It was a pleasure to return the Village with its key industries and people to this earlier time.
To order prints of this painting contact Jim Parker at 315-894-4660
Visit his website at http://jimparkerartist.com/119.html
110 Railroad Street
Frankfort, NY 13340